Akela Working Dog Scottish Salmon
Akela 80:20 Scottish Salmon dry kibble is ideal for puppies and adult working dogs alike. It contains our highest level of omega 3 yet which is great for skin and coat health as well as abundant DHA for puppy brain development and maintenance for adults. As usual, the recipe is vet-approved and contains highly digestible human-grade ingredients, is grain-free, has no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives and is extremely tasty. Containing 80% Salmon, 20% Fruit, Veg and Botanicals and 0% Grains. Suitable for working dogs and puppies from weaning to old age.
What is 80:20 dog food? 80:20, also referred to as 80:20:0 describes the ratio of key components in this superior quality working dog food. 80% meat and animal ingredients, 20% fruit, vegetables and botanicals, leaving 0% room for grains and fillers. This high quality composition is only available in a few foods on the market and is becoming increasingly popular as owners are finally realising the importance and benefits of a good diet for their working dogs.
This premium 80/20 grain-free dog food has carefully picked ingredients containing human grade protein packed fish ingredients.
Approximate Kibble Size:
Small Paws (for small breeds and puppies) 8mm wide x 4mm deep
Medium (regular) 14mm wide x 5mm deep
Big Paws (for large breed adults) 18mm wide x 7mm deep
- Freshly Prepared Salmon (61%), Dehydrated Salmon (15%)
- Sweet Potato (12%), Tapioca (6%), Salmon Oil (3%), Salmon Stock (1%), Chickpeas, Coconut Oil, Alfalfa/Lucerne, Linseed, Lentils
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Prebiotic FOS (1900 mg/kg)
- Organic Spinach, Organic Pumpkin, Dried Cranberry, Dried Apple, Green Lipped Mussel, Seaweed
- Joint Support [Glucosamine (1000 mg/kg), MSM (1000 mg/kg), Chondroitin Sulphate (700 mg/kg)]
- Yucca Schidigera Extract, Camomile, Marigold, Aniseed & Fenugreek, Peppermint, Dried Dandelion, Dried Pear, Blueberry, Fennel, Organic Honey <0.0001%, Burdock Root Powder, Rosehips, Garlic Powder <0.0001%.
Vitamins: Vitamin A (retinyl acetate) 14,400 IU, Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 2,165 IU, Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol acetate) 95 mg; Trace Elements: Ferrous Chelate of Amino Acids Hydrate 320mg, Manganous Chelate of Amino Acids Hydrate 224mg. Sulphate Monohydrate 133.5mg, Manganous Sulphate Monohydrate 105mg, Cupric Sulphate Pentahydrate 58mg, Calcium Iodate Anhydrous 1.58mg, Sodium Selenite 0.64mg; Technological Additives: Enterococcus faecium cernelle 68 (SF68; NCIMB 10415) 1,000,000,000cfu as an aid in the establishment, maintenance and restoration of a balanced gut flora in dogs.
Analytical Constituents -
- Protein: 34.5%
- Oils & Fats: 17%
- Fibre: 1.5%
- Ash: 9.5%
- Calcium: 1.4%
- Phosphorous: 0.9%
- Omega 6: 1.1%
- Omega 3: 4.7%
- Moisture: 8.5%
- NFE: 29%
- Metabolisable Energy: 367Kcal/100g
- Copper: 14.42mg/Kg
Theoretical values: Sodium (Salt) 0.59%* Potassium 0.57%*, Copper: 20.4 mg/kg*
*Theoretical levels are background levels inherent within raw materials within the recipes. Background levels are variable due to natural raw material variation and the effects of the extrusion process. The salt and potassium are not added to the recipe specifically.